Board of Management (B.O.M.)
The Board of Management is responsible for the running of the school with the day to day management of the school undertaken by the Principal. The Board of Management meets regularly and is made up of 8 members. Each Board of Management serves a 4 year term.
The current Board of Management are:
Rev. John Marchant (Chairperson)
Naomi Rousseau (Principal)
Trevor James (Patron’s Rep)
Olivia Walker (Community Rep)
Eoghan O’Mara Walsh (Community Rep)
David McAndrew (Teacher’s Rep)
Ciaran Simms (Parent’s Rep)
Cara Walsh (Parent’s Rep)
The B.O.M. consists of:
• Two elected Parents’/Guardians’ Nominees (one father/guardian, one mother/guardian)
• Two Patrons’ Nominees
• One elected Teachers Representative
• The Principal Teacher
• Two members of the wider community who are unanimously co-opted by the elected/nominated board members with the aim of providing targeted expertise.
The B.O.M. has many duties but is chiefly concerned with ensuring the smooth and efficient running and upkeep of the school building as well as the safety and well being of pupils and staff. The B.O.M. is also responsible for the ratification of school policies and over-all management of the school in accordance with:
• The Rules for National Schools – the Department of Education and Skills (D.E.S.)
• Circulars and guidelines issued by the D.E.S.
• The Education and Education (Welfare) Acts
Successful school management is achieved through an inclusive partnership involving parents/guardians, staff and management. St. Matthew’s N.S. B.O.M. greatly values the support and cooperation of parents/guardians and staff who play a crucial role in the running of the school.
Responsibility for all monies collected on behalf of the school, plus the administration of funding from state sources, lies with the B.O.M.
The B.O.M. is also charged with responsibility of appointing school staff when a vacancy arises.