[spb_video title=”School Video” link=”https://youtu.be/nZjKiiiG2GQ” size=”525×300″ full_width=”no” el_class=”video” width=”2/3″ el_position=”first”] [spb_single_image image=”9617″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”no” link_target=”_self” width=”1/3″ el_position=”last”] [fullwidth_text alt_background=”none” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
St. Matthew’s National School has a long history, with the first school opening in 1832, a year after the Education Act. A second school was built in 1904 and still stands.
The present school was built as a two-teacher school in 1959 with an extension added in 1985. Another extension was added in 2001 giving us a new classroom and resource room upstairs with a new library, staffroom, and kitchen and entrance area on the ground level.
St. Matthew’s is a Church of Ireland, co-educational primary school operating in the parish of Irishtown. The school is under the Patronage of the Church of Ireland Archbishop of Dublin and operates under the guidelines of the Department of Education and Science (D.E.S.). The school is located off Cranfield Place in Sandymount.
The Board of Management, is responsible for the day to day running of the school and the implementation of School Policies. The Chairperson, Canon Ted Ardis of the B.O.M. is the correspondent with the D.E.S. The responsibilities of the B.O.M. include teacher appointments, provision of educational materials, school rental, maintenance of school buildings (heating, lighting, cleaning and insurance), the employment of ancillary staff, and the operation of a Pre-School and after school facility.
[/fullwidth_text] [boxed_content type=”coloured” pb_margin_bottom=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]