6th Class Tessellation Art
Over the past few weeks 6th Class have been working on our tessellation art. We found it quite hard to begin with, but after a while we got the hang of it. We took inspiration from M.C. Escher. There were many different designs including: shapes, people and animals.
Some of M.C. Escher’s work:
Here are the steps on how to create your very own tessellation art!
1. On your piece of paper draw out a square/rectangle and cut it out.
2. Then draw a whacky line of your choice through the middle, and cut along the line.
3. Then take the two sides, flip them, and face the two straight lines towards each other. Then tape them together.
4. Place your whacky template on a sheet of paper and outline. Repeat step four until your tessellation art is complete.
5. Now colour it in to make it bright and fun!
Here is some of 6th Class’ tessellation art! Isn’t it great?
(Written by Anna, Laura and Lucy)